A companion to wisdom – Contessa was a bridge laid by IEEE student volunteers of Malabar Hub to motivate and encourage young budding engineers. The third edition of Contessa – Contessa 3.0 – aims to build a bridge, for higher secondary students, in their path towards the world of technologies and engineering.
The event mainly focuses
- To introduce various engineering fields and road to engineering career, to higher secondary students.
- To familiarize students with the various engineering laboratories and campus.
- To promote women and girls to come up in engineering field, during this digital era.
- To provide a platform for volunteers to utilize their skills.
The event is completed in three phases,
- A session where students are given details of engineering entrance exams, institutions, cut offs for reputed institutions and how to achieve this goal must be held. A brief session on Kerala Technological University is also to be conducted. Use of aiding materials such as PowerPoint presentations are promoted for the ease of understanding.
- Students are provided with an opportunity to explore engineering life, by allowing them to spend a day at an engineering college. Lab visits for students are to be arranged by the volunteers. With these, any staff of the institution can also take a session on different engineering fields and ho wits aspects work.
- An interactive session with student branch officers is to be organized, where the students are given a brief session on IEEE and on how to make engineering fruitful by utilizing the benefits of IEEE.
Student branches of MEA College of Engineering, Sreepathy Institute of Management and Technology, NSS College of Engineering and NIT Calicut have successfully completed Contessa 3.0. Planning for implementing Contessa is being actively happening in all active student branches and will be executed soon.