IEEE Kochi Hub Spectrum War
IEEE Kochi Hub is hosting an online quiz competition based on August edition of IEEE Spectrum. The last date of attempting the competition is August 31th 2018.
Rules and Regulations:
- IEEE members of any student branch under Kochi Hub can participate in the competition.
Any number of students from a college can participate in the competition.
- After each editions of the competitions, a rank list of Student Branches along with the top scorers of each SBs will be published.
- In case of a tie inside an SB, the SB is required to conduct a tiebreaker rapid-fire quiz based on the spectrum.
- The total points of a Student Branch will be the total points scored by members of a Student Branch.
- Consistent performers and SBs will be felicitated.
- You should have done a thorough reading of the August edition of IEEE Spectrum before entering the quiz.
- The duration of the test will be 20 minutes and will consist of 15 Multiple Choice questions.
- Boeing and SpaceX test the next U.S ride to Space (Pages 6-8)
- IBM’S new do-it-all AI Chip (Pages 10-11)
- Another three documentaries for engineers (Pages 16-17)
- The rise of RISC (Page 18)
- AUGUST 1908: First FORD MODEL T completed (Page 19)
- MAZDA has improved the gasoline engine to a level that even tesla should respect (Pages 20-25)
- With electric propulsion and lots of propellers, planes can use smaller wings to fly efficiently. (Pages 26-31)
- To keep offshore turbines light, engineers look beyond superconductors to a new permanent-magnet tech (Pages 32 -39)
- A view to the cloud (Pages 40-43)
If you have read and understood all the above Rules and regulations, then you can take the quiz here: http://hck.re/ikhswae2
You can download IEEE Spectrum August Edition here: bit.ly/spectrumaugust