IEEE Kochi Hub Spectrum War
IEEE Kochi Hub is hosting an online quiz competition based on September edition of IEEE Spectrum. The last date for attempting the competition is September 30th 2018.
Rules and Regulations:
- IEEE members of any student branch under Kochi Hub can participate in the competition.
Any number of students from a college can participate in the competition.
- After each edition of the competitions, a rank list of Student Branches along with the top scorers of each SBs will be published.
- In case of a tie inside an SB, the SB is required to conduct a tiebreaker rapid-fire quiz based on the spectrum.
- The total points of a Student Branch will be the total points scored by members of a Student Branch.
- Consistent performers and SBs will be felicitated.
- You should have done a thorough reading of the September edition of IEEE Spectrum before entering the quiz.
- The duration of the test will be 20 minutes and will consist of 15 Multiple Choice questions.
- Shining a light on global winds.( Pages 9-11)
- Hydrogen hybrids debut as zero-emission delivery trucks.( Pages 11-12)
- AI-HUMAN partnerships tackle “fake news” .(Pages 12-13)
- Wearable sensor detects stress in sweat. (Pages 14-15)
- Music for aliens Jonathan Keats creates Instruments for non-human senses. (Page 20)
- Parrot’s new drone reclaims a niche. (Page 21)
- Calling all robots. We are building the world’s largest, coolest robotics catalog. (Page 22)
- September 1888: Kodak camera is patented. (Page 24)
- The quest to save genomics. (Pages 27-31)
- Tape storage counts a comeback. (Pages 34-37)
- Silicon Photonics’ Last – Meter Problem (Pages 39-43)
- Less Fire, More Power. (Pages 44 – 48)
If you have read and understood all the above Rules and regulations, then you can take the quiz here: http://hck.re/ikhswse
You can download IEEE Spectrum September Edition here: bit.ly/spectrumseptember