The IEEE Kochi Hub conducted around 13 events with active participation of around 850 delegates from student branches across the hub. The programs are as follows :
The IEEE Kochi Hub organized the third edition of “Minerva” – a WIE Exclusive program held in connection with the International Women’s Day and WIE Wave 2.0. This year, Minerva focused on a the idea of empowering the women in our student community technically. An inventive program initiated at every zonal Minerva was acquainting the WIE members with “Domestic Technology and its possibilities”.
Minerva 3.0 for Zone 5 was held at College of Engineering, Cherthala on 3rd March 2018 from 10 AM – 4 PM with around 63 delegates from various colleges across Zone 4. The program was inaugurated by Ms. Mini Ulanat, Chair, WIE AG, IEEE Kerala Section. It comprised of a session on domestic technology followed by a hands-on training in the labs. It ended with a session on the career/higher study options available for girls by Mr. Shahul Hameed, YP, IEEE Kerala Section.Minerva 3.0 for Zone 4 was held at Amal Jyothi College of Engineering, Kanjirapally on 9th March, 2018 from 10 AM – 4 PM. There were around 50 participants from various student branches across the zone for the same. The program included an inaugural ceremony and introductory session on Domestic technology followed by hands-on training in the labs for the same. The latter part of the day saw a talk by Ms.Megha Ben, Regional Student Ambassador, IEEE CS on the various scholarship opportunities available for girls.Minerva 3.0 for Zone 1 and Zone 3 was held at University College of Engineering, Thodupuzha on 9th March, 2018 from 10 AM – 4 PM. There were around 20 participants for the same. The program was inaugurated by Ms. Deepika MP, Outstanding Women In Engineering award winner by the Women Foundation VIWA for the year 2018. The program comprised of a practical session on basic domestic technological works , a membership development session and a session on WIE.Minerva 3.0 for Zone 2 was held at Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara on 10th March, 2018 from 10 AM – 4 PM. The program was participated by around 36 delegates from various student branches across the zone.The program comprised of Ice Breakers, a session by Ms. Megha Ben on the scholarship opportunities available for girls, a hands-on training session on sound engineering and Adobe Illustrator.
Online Video Challenge
An online 1 minute video challenge was introduced by IEEE Kochi Hub wherein WIE members would post a 1 minute video on the topic “Why WIE stand out” and post it on social media and challenge others to do the same.
Student Branch Events
- As part of WIE Wave 2.0 and International Wo men’s Day, a one day program was arranged at Sahrdaya College of Engineering and Technology on 8thMarch 2018 with about 150-200 participants.
- A two day program named “Kajal 2.0” was held at Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kalady on 27th and 28th February, 2018 with about 118 participants in accordance with WIE Wave 2.0.
- A session for WIC members was arranged by the WIE Affinity Group of Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kalady on 6th March, 2018 with about 32 participants.
- International Women’s Day celebrations were organized by the WIE AG of Adi Shankara Institute of Engineering and Technology, Kalady on 8th March 2018 with about 88 participants.
- As part of WIE Wave 2.0, an online photography contest was organized by the WIE AG of St. Joseph’s College of Engineering and Technology, Palai with around 30 participants.
- An online selfie contest was conducted by College of Engineering, Cherthala in accordance with WIE Wave 2.0 which saw around 25 entries.
- An idea presentation competition called “Silhouette” was organized by Model Engineering College, Thrikkakara on 10th March, 2018 with around 17 participants.
- Women’s Day celebrations were held for almost a week at College of Engineering, Chengannur with 100+ participants